7.05.2009

Pop Quiz #2


It's that time again! Who will earn the highest score?

Here's how to play (for those of you who are new to this game):

below is a list of words our children say, spelled phonetically. Simply reply with your answers in the comments.

1. I scay-wee (Claire) (hint: fireworks) (1 pt for what she says, and 1 pt for what it's s'posed to be)
2. bay-bee-soup (Mikala) (hint: Pine Island) (4 pts)
3. goy-car (Mikala) (hint: singing time) (5 pts)
4. pick-a-bud-da (Claire) (hint: snack time) (1 pt)
5. clock-a-muk (Claire) (hint: snack time again) (3 pts)
6. blib-blop (Amy) (hint: summer fashion) (2 pts)
7. hock-a-bus (Claire) (hint: ocean friend) (4 pts) <-- our favorite
8. chiths (Sara) (hint: Moooo) (5 pts)
9. Laaah! (guttural) (Sara) (hint: ceiling) (2 pts)
10. Neh-wah (Amy, Mikala, Claire) (hint: relative) (4 pts)

On your mark, get set, GO!

Winner gets a fully stamped Marble Slab Club Card good for one free ice cream that expires 9-30-09 (at the Lexington location--sorry to those of you who moved away!)

8 comments:

kelly zingmark said...

1. It`s scary
2. Bathing suit
3. No idea
4. Peanut butter
5. Chocolate
6. Flip-flop
7. Octopus
8. No idea
9. No idea
1O. Sara?

Stacy Pettersen said...

I'm up for the challenge!

1. I scary = I'm scared
2. Bathing Suit
3. ?
4. Peanut Butter
5. Chocolate Milk
6. Flip Flop
7. Octopus
8. Cheese
9. Light
10. Sara

Amy said...

Since the other ones were already answered...

3. Twinkle? That's kinda how Eliza says twinkle, twinkle little star.

Mary Beth said...

my answers were the same as everyone elses

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

1. I'm scary (meaning, I'm scared) - mine are scared of fireworks too...esp Kaitlyn - but then, she's scared of literally 90% of the world!
2. bathing suit
3. popcorn
4. peanut butter
5. chocolate milk (called in our house "soc-o-mulck")
6. flip flops (my twins call them "plip plops")
7. octopus
8. cheese
9. Light?
10. Noah? (do'nt know all the relatives)

I like the hints this time. You know, save these pop quizzes - it makes a cute baby shower game as you introduce the mother-to-be to the new 'language'.

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

it didn't even occur to me that the reason Sara was left out of the last one was because it was HER name...I hear it now. Ah well...Tell me, how much does Pine Island cost per paycheck? Is there any extra fee for anything there?

Nan said...

I had all the same answers as Stacy, the only thing I can think of for #3 is guitar. I am not in the contest, being the grandma, I might have an advantage, although I am really impressed with all of the other comments!

Shannon said...

It's Scary
Bathing Suit
Guitar
Peanut Butter
Chocolate Milk
Flip Flop
Octopus
I was thinking Chips or cheese
Light
Sarah? (Thought Nora, then noticed that Sarah was missing!)
How fun!
Shannon

Post a Comment