3.26.2008

Pop Quiz: Answers

For those of you who are absolutely dying to learn how to speak Am-mik-clai-ra, here are the answers to your first quiz.

1. pay up, peh-yup, amy.
English: ketchup (this one gets me stumped every time)

2. pappy, pah-peee, kala.
English: passy, or pacifier

3. da do, dah-doo, care bear.
English: peek-a-boo

4. caugh cry, a-hah-haa, sara.
English: i'm hungry, i need to burp, pick me up, change me, any or all-of-the- above

5. nanay, neh-naiy, kala.
English: bandaid--usually for some miniscule boo-boo

6. putt, putt, amy.
English: cup (in some upside-down world)

7. nuk, nuk, kala.
English: milk

8. hu oh, huh huh, clarie.
English: uh-oh

9. goggy, gawkey, kala.
English: doggy

10. heh pader, heh pawdher, amy.
English: Heavenly Father, normally followed with "anis aiy" aka--thank you for this day

Thanks to all those who participated. I'll give you the opportunity to grade yourselves. I have found out that context clues are vital. Maybe next time I'll be a bit nicer and include some...maybe.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, these were so fun. I'm glad I didn't try to guess (in written comments, at least) b/c I was WAY off! I thought your amy's "heavenly father" was Harry Potter! haha. Cute!

small town Hood said...

I got some of them even though I got some help!

ginny said...

Ha ha, I wasn't even close, I am glad I didn't post what I thought for everyone to see!!

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

Wow - those were hard. I like that even though your kids might not be able to say very much (at least not like we do as adults), you are teaching them to pray. (And Heavenly Father speaks Am-mik-clai-ra!)

Post a Comment