3.19.2008

Pop Quiz

Thought you were done with school were you? Welcome to Basic Needs 101! This is a foreign language quiz. Let's see how well you can decipher Am-mik-clai-ra! I will give you a word, pronunciation, and the origin of the "word" (aka who said it) and you see if you can guess what word it would be if translated correctly into English. Can anyone make a perfect score? Pop quizzes will be given throughout the year. Good Luck! (Answers will only be counted if given in the "comments" portion of the quiz.)


1. pay up, peh-yup, amy.


2. pappy, pah-peee, kala.


3. da do, dah-doo, care bear.


4. caugh cry, a-hah-haa, sara.


5. nanay, neh-naiy, kala.


6. putt, putt, amy.


7. nuk, nuk, kala.


8. hu oh, huh huh, clarie.


9. goggy, gawkey, kala.


10. heh pader, heh pawdher, amy.

Stay tuned for the answers.

3 comments:

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

1. pick up (as in pick me up)
2. pacifier
3. thank you
4. (this one isn't fair b/c she means something by that, but it's not a word, so i think this one should be bonus credit for those who get it right!) I'll guess
pick me up or come get me (attention getter)
5. night night (good night)
6. potty (like I need to go potty)
7. look!
8. uh-oh (like an accident)
9. dog
10. help hold her (like I want to help hold the baby)

small town Hood said...

1. my cup
2. pacey
3. peek-a-boo
4. hungry
5. bannana
6. shirt
7. book
8. food
9. frog
10. Heavenly father

ginny said...

Well I would definitely flunk this class! hahaha Very cute idea!

Post a Comment