8.17.2008

4 Little Girls + Sleeping Parents + Markers =

Amy sports a phat goatee . . .



Claire contracts a rare case of Smokey Mountain Spotted Fever . . .



Sara's outfit gets a makeover . . .



Mikala draws an amoeba, while Amy experiments with a new subject: a One Eyed Monster . . .




Amy practices her art next to Daddy's artwork on the playroom wall (Amy is understandably confused about why she is not allowed to draw on the wall) . . .




Mikala thinks Amy's artwork is very hip and commissions body art based on her One Eyed Monster.


Lessons learned:
  • The Olympics are fun, but sleeping is better.
  • Do not leave markers where children can find them.
  • If you absolutely must leave markers where children can find them, remove the sharpies from the mix.
  • Use a Magic eraser for the walls, baby oil for the babies.

8 comments:

Amy said...

This is funny!! I love how they work together! What a neat sister activity! haha. and ever time I watch the gymnastics on the olympics, I think of you, Tammy!!

Marina said...

LOL! I think every parent experiences this one time or another. Why haven't we learned?... And, I ALSO love the unity of the girls. Hopefully, they always work together this well.

House of Squitty said...

Well, at least they had fun!

Cindy said...

Goodness that made me laugh! Probably because I have been there...more than once! We have been having similar issues since the Olympics have been keeping us up late as well! Hope you can get the Sharpie out. Thanks for helping me remember that I'm not the only one in this boat!

Jared and Liz said...

Liz says that she is thinking of commissioning some of Amy´s covenated body artwork, or maybe try and add a little life to the walls in our little house... Good laughss! LOVE ya.

ginny said...

looks like they had fun!!!!

Stacy Pettersen said...

Oh my goodness... when you told me about this I thought "Oh yeah, a little marker." You were not kidding!!! I think this happens to every parent, I remember my neice and nephew marking themselves up pretty bad.

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

usually ours attack with crayons (the twins...Seth drew one time on the wall and never did it again. Carolyn did it twice I think....#3 & #4 bring a whole new life to the house!)
Two words: Colorwonder markers!

(Elmers makes cool stamps and paintbrushes too that works like color wonder. Don't bother with colorwonder's softsticks or fingerpaints...they're clear goop you can't see to clean up!) I think my mother in law has bought us every clearn product there is!

Post a Comment