11.18.2008

Anniversary Post!

To mark the 1st anniversary since our first blog post, we're posting our family picture taken after Sara's adoption was final. I thought it only fitting since our first post, entitled Sara Christine Hood, was about introducing her to everyone.

This is what we wore as a family to the court room. We had a hard time getting everyone to settle down . . . and we're lucky we got them to look toward the camera, much less get any smiles.

So, in celebrating our blog's 1st anniversary: here's to you--all ye who dwell in the bloggernacle--may your posts be fun and your comments be many!


While I'm at it, I may as well mention some milestones from the past year:

1-The kids are all still alive, and relatively well (this was harder than you think to achieve).

2-I'm not crazy . . . yet. But I am suffering from some sort of Post-finalization Depression (I went through PPD with the other three and it's fitting for it to happen with Sara--just means I have truly accepted her as my own) who knew!?!

3-Our cars are still alive, but our HVAC system, washing machine (twice), dishwasher, stove, alternator, 2 car batteries, and the radio in the van all died beyond repair and had to be replaced. (yes, all while paying for a VERY expensive adoption)

8 comments:

House of Squitty said...

What a year! Glad that everyone is alive and well. What a beautiful picture. I can't believe that all of the kids are looking at the camera. Tammy, you look amazing.

TuTu's Bliss said...

Cute smiles..love the matching dresses

Leigh This Way said...

Wow! What a crazy year! Glad everything is going well now.

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

1. I love the matching dresses (did you actually find somewhere that sells that range of sizes in one dress or did someone make them - who?)

2. That is such a cute picture - I can't believe you don't have them all on your lap. (When we try to take a family picture/snapshot I've got at least 2 refusing to sit anywhere but on me - usually more.)

3. Claire and Sara look very close to the same age in that picture. How many times an outing do you get asked, "Are they twins?" (Probably about as often as I get asked about my twins, "How far apart are they?")

ginny said...

What a great family picture!

Marina said...

AWESOME!!! I'm celebrating on this side of the monitor. ;)

Anonymous said...

that is a cute picture - You look beautiful and I just can't believe how big Amy is (she's growing up and looks SOOO pretty)

Stacy Pettersen said...

Happy Blogging Anniversary! And I will take this opportunity to thank you again for teaching me how to blog too... your influence has spread very far as I have now inspired tons of new bloggers. Yay for the bloggernacle!

Post a Comment