12.12.2007

Generation to Generation

This tape is 20 years old. My Grandma Baker gave it to us (my generation) to listen to on Sundays when we came to visit. Some of my earliest and fondest memories are of me sitting in the corner next to the tape player, pressing my ear to the speaker (the volume was turned down low because the adults didn't want to hear it), and mouthing the words.
I recently asked my grandma if she still had that tape. She said she did but she didn't know where it was. One Sunday, she handed me the tape on our way out the door to go home. She had found it when she was getting her Christmas stuff out of the attic. I was ecstatic. I couldn't wait to play it for the girls. I started wondering if we even had a tape player. I knew the stereo on the entertainment center had a tape player, but it's ancient and i didn't know if it worked. The CD player on idoesn't work so why would the tape player work? I popped the tape in, and voila. Amy and Mikala LOVED it! They started dancing and singing right away. This song is "Itsy Bitsy Spider" at the part, "Out came the sun, and dried up all the rain."
Here they are dancing to "Ring around the Rosie." I hope they can enjoy some of the same memories I had as a child.

1 comments:

Andy and Melissa said...

I love the picture of the backs of your girls dancing. And, I used to listen to some pretty cool music that I am hoping Stella will one day kind of soon begin to enjoy!

Post a Comment