1.29.2008

My Prophet, My Friend

I was there when you spoke of the 6 B's. It made me think more deeply, and changed the course of my life. I was there when you announced smaller temples. I was filled with joy in receiving one so close to home. I think of you every time I see it. I was fortunate to be there when you graced us with your presence, and was filled with the spirit. I strive to have your countenance. I enjoyed your sense of humor. My heart is full--you are a big reason why I am where I am. I have wondered what this moment would be like for a long time. All I could think about was how wonderful it was for you to finally be reunited with your beloved wife. President Gordon B. Hinckley, we miss you deeply. I still hope to someday shake your hand and say, "Thank you." Till we meet again.

Photo taken by Boyd Ivey; November, 2000.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes we were all blessed to have been led by this wonderful man. i too have wonderful memories of the time we went to the temple dedication. we were just feet away from one of the most spiritual, kind men from this dispensation. i remember when he and his beautiful wife were placing cement on the corner stone and she was trying to make it nice and neat and President Hinckley told her that she was not icing a cake that it didn't need to be that neat. and what about the time when he stated in conference one time that he was in the situation that he couldn't wait till the bananas got ripe because they may last longer than he would. yes he was our prophet, he loved us, he cared for us, he prayed for us and he considered all of us his friend. i am very blessed to have known him. i love him and hope that the rest of my family feels the same. tammy you did a good job on this one. love moma baker

Anonymous said...

I loved him so much as my prophet but never realized how much of an influence he was on my own children--I am even more thankful for him! We all will miss his wisdom, gentle sense of humor and his love. Your post was so touching--love, Mom

Post a Comment