2.11.2008

Top Ten Reasons Why it's Good to Have All Girls #5



#5: Culinary Prowess: Yes, that's a load of flour all over the stove. Mikala (shown in time-out) wanted to make bread. She was caught white-handed, shamelessly flouring the kitchen. We're not quite sure why she would do this, except for the pleasure she receives watching Mommy clean up her gratuitous messes. Amy wanted to help clean up. The thought was appreciated, but she only managed to make it worse. Keeping the Hood House clean is an art. It involves constantly cleaning while at the same time preventing Thing #1 and Thing #2 from coming in behind you and destroying your work. If you get behind, it takes a village to catch back up. Here are some housekeeping stats for the interested reader:

Average numbers per Day:

  • 2 loads of laundry (yep, two full super-sized loads everyday)
  • 0.75 dishwasher loads
  • 2-3 living room cleanings
  • 12-16 diaper changes
  • 2 children bathed
  • 5-10 soaked barf rags (Sara)
  • 10 changes of clothes (mostly for Sara)
  • 10-30 time-out sessions
  • 4 books
  • 6 prayers

and much, much more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so funny, I read it to Daddy and he just smiled. These are the best times of your life enjoy them and love your children. They too will grow up just as you did. Now I have wonderful children as wonderful parents with wonderful grandchildren. I enjoy watching them grow. Love ya Moma Baker

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

I LOVE IT! I feel the same way - I'm only reading blogs and writing comments b/c my thing 1 and thing 2 are fascinated with the box from Kate's new carseat while the twins are fascinated by her old carseat!
I have about the same stats, except since my twins eat with their hair, we have 4 baths a day; and fewer timeouts (I just yell more), and fewer diapers and spit up cloths - Carolyn decided to start potty training herself last week and Kaitlyn's reflux ended about 6 months ago. (Although Carolyn and Seth change about 3 X a day each - I think they like to see how many outfits can go on the floor before Mommy starts yelling about them. Do they make dressers with locks?)

Post a Comment